Head and neck surgeons at Summit Medical Group specialize in removing and treating tumors, lumps, and disorders of the neck, oral cavities, pharynx, and larynx as well as sores and lesions in the mouth, thyroid, and upper aerodigestive tract.
Our head and neck surgery procedures include but are not limited to:
- Benign head and neck diseases and disorders such as tumors of the head and neck, branchial cleft tumors, and thyroglassal cysts
- Endocrine disorders, including tumors and growths on or in the endocrine gland, adrenal glands, and parathyroid glands
- Head and neck reconstruction, including cosmetic and functional problems from head and neck tumors as well as cancers of the mouth, tongue, larynx, and pharynx
- Salivary gland disease, including benign and malignant tumors of the major and minor salivary glands in and around the mouth and throat
- Upper aerodigestive tract cancers, including cancers of the esophagus, larynx, oral cavity, pharynx, and tongue
Our physicians are among the nation’s leading head and neck cancer and microvascular reconstructive surgeons. They are adept at open surgery as well as minimally invasive surgical options such as video-assisted surgery, laser microsurgery, transoral robotic surgery (TORS) and microvascular reconstructive surgery.
To ensure that each patient gets the finest in care, our surgeons stay abreast of and engage in ongoing research, education, specialized techniques, and the latest surgical devices. For certain procedures, they use the da Vinci Surgical System®, which allows for precision with even the most delicate procedures.
Compared with traditional surgery methods, benefits of the da Vinci System and other minimally invasive surgical techniques include:
- A shorter hospital stay
- A faster recovery
- Less visible scarring
- Less chance of infection after surgery
- Less chance of disfigurement
- No, few, or minimal external incisions
Our physicians and staff provide the finest personalized care in head and neck surgery. Their goal is to ensure that you have the best possible experience and outcome in a compassionate, welcoming, and comfortable environment.