Healthy Tuna Salad with a Twist
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Traditional tuna salad is made with mayonnaise, which contains saturated fat. Swap out the mayonnaise for avocado and extra-virgin olive oil, and include a variety of vegetables to make a delicious and healthy tuna salad everyone will enjoy.
- 1 can (5 oz) water packed tuna, drained
- ½ avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ stalk celery, minced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve with leafy greens including spinach, kale, and lettuce.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 15g|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|