Tangy Asian Marinade
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Reviewed by Susan C. Canonico, RD
Try this tasty marinade on lean grilled steak, pork, and chicken!
- 3/4 cup of hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of sesame oil
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon of hot chili sauce
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Place lean steak, pork tenderloin, or chick in a shallow dish.
- Pour mixture over lean steak, pork tenderloin, or chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
- Grill meat and discard marinade leftover in dish.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 4g|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Marinated, grilled lean meats are delicious and healthy when paired with a leafy green salad and steamed or lightly grilled vegetables.
For extra flavor, pair slices of grilled marinated chicken with a mixture of freshly chopped mango, peaches, pineapple, and tomato tossed in freshly squeezed lime juice! If you'd like a little kick in the meal, add finely chopped jalapeno peppers to the fruit mixture. Top it with a sprig of fresh parsley for visual appeal.
If you're counting calories, be sure you add calories for the fruit mixture.