Red and Green Holiday Fruit Dessert
Last updated: Dec 01, 2014
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Reviewed by Susan C. Canonico, RD
Enjoy this healthy, low-calorie, nonfat, delicious fruit dessert with red and green holiday appeal!
- 2 cups of strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of red raspberries, washed
- 1 cup of plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of clover honey
- Fresh, washed mint leaves for garnish
- Mix fruit in a large bowl.
- Mix yogurt, vanilla, and honey together in a small bowl.
- Serve 1/2-cup servings of fruit in a glass dish.
- Top the fruit with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mix.
- Garnish each dish with a few fresh mint leaves for aesthetic appeal.
|Serving Size 1/2 cup|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 50||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0g|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|