Chicken With Broccoli
Reviewed by Susan Canonico, RD
Try this delicious, healthy recipe packed with lean protein and fiber!
- 1 1/2 lbs of broccoli
- 1 lb of chicken breast, cubed
- 2 teaspoons of ginger root
- 1 slivered green onion
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of low-sodium salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of low-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dry white wine
- Dash of pepper
- 2/3 cup of low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed well with 2 teaspoons of cold water
- Peel outer covering of broccoli stems.
- Cut stems and florets into thin, diagonal slices.
- Skin and bone chicken breasts.
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch by 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place chicken in a bowl.
- Toss in ginger and green onion with chicken.
- Mix well.
- Heat wok and add 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Add and stir fry the broccoli for 2 minutes over high heat.
- Add salt, sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, white wine, and 1/3 cup of chicken stock to the mixture.
- Bring everything to a boil and cook uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Remove mixture from wok and set aside.
- Heat wok again and add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add and stir fry chicken over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup of chicken stock.
- Cover and cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in corn starch to thicken the mixture and cook for 30 seconds.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 14g|
|Saturated Fat 2.4g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
For a more filling meal, serve this chicken and broccoli stir fry mix over whole grain rice!