Black Beans and Rice With Mango
Reviewed by Susan Canonico, RD
Enjoy this delicious, healthy, low-fat, and fiber-filled dish! Pair it with grilled fish or chicken and a glass of red wine for Mediterranean flair with a bit of kick!
- 1/4 cup of chorizo
- 1/2 cup of chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of dried crushed oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 2 cups of cooked rice (whole grain or white)
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh mango
- Cook the chorizo, red pepper, and onion together in a skillet for 4 to 5 minutes until the sausage is browned.
- Add garlic, beans, water, oregano, and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the skillet, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture over rice in serving bowls.
- Top with fresh mango.
- Garnish with oregano.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 2.6g|
|Total Carbohydrate 82g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||10%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|