Patients are required to wear masks and practice physical distancing in our waiting rooms and offices. To learn more about what we are doing to keep you safe during in-office appointments, click here.
You hear it all the time. Early detection saves lives. And with skin cancer – the one type of cancer that is visible on the surface of the body – this could not be truer! But if it’s one of the easiest cancers to spot (no pun intended), then why is it the most common kind? Here are the reasons why: First and foremost, people don’t take the time to check their own skin. Second, skin cancer may pop up in unusual places or places that are tricky for an individual to see on themselves such as his/her back, scalp, or the bottom of their feet. Additionally, if people aren’t checking on a regular basis, it’s difficult for them to tell if there has been a change. And that’s where an expert comes in handy!
SMG dermatologist and Mohs micrographic surgeon, Dr. Hari Nadiminti, says, “Dermatologists are trained and experienced in detecting skin cancer. We often detect skin cancers that people are unaware of. The good news is, when caught early and treated properly, it is highly curable."
Dr. Nadiminti lists the top 5 reasons you should NOT delay a skin check:
1) One in five Americans will develop skin cancer during their life
2) Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer. In fact, there is more skin cancer than all other cancers combined
3) Professional skin checks can detect a skin cancer that a patient might be unaware of
4) Melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer is one of the leading causes of cancer death in women ages 25 to 29
5) When caught early enough, there is greater than 98 percent chance that it can be cured
Our doctors can check you from head to toe at an in-person visit! We are also conducting telemedicine visits. Visit our website for more information or call the office so our professionals can help determine which type of visit will be best for you.