Savory Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Last updated: Dec 01, 2016
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Brussels sprouts are a member of the cruciferous vegetable family that may help protect against cancer. Roasting Brussels sprouts brings out a sweeter, less bitter flavor. This recipe can be prepared ahead of time; stir in the balsamic vinegar right before serving.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash Brussels sprouts thoroughly.
- Trim the bottoms, and slice each in half top to bottom.
- Mix Brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread in a single layer onto a sheet pan covered with aluminum foil.
- Roast, stirring every 5 minutes, until Brussels sprouts are brown and tender, about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and serve.
|Serving Size 1/2 cup|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 4g|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2%|
|Trans Fat 3g|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|