Mini Pecan Pie Tartlets
Last updated: Nov 30, 2015
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Use a mini-muffin pan to make this bite-size dessert
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 3 oz low-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Start the crust. Mix butter, cream cheese, flour, and salt gently.
- Divide into 24 balls.
- Place each ball in a slot of a mini-muffin pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Gently press the dough into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Then make the filling. Blend egg, oil, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Fill each mini-tart ¾ full with the pecan filling.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing tartlets from the pan.
- Cool completely before serving or storing in a ziplock plastic bag in the refrigerator.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 115||Calories from Fat 9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|