Tuna Pasta Salad
Last updated: May 01, 2014
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
This delicious, healthy tuna pasta salad makes a wonderful main or side dish.
- 12 ounces of light, water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup of whole wheat elbow pasta
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 1/2 cup of plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups of mixed baby salad greens
- 1 cup of cherry tomotoes
- Prepare whole wheat pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and set it aside to cool.
- Mix tuna, green pepper, onions, and celery in a large bowl.
- Stir yogurt, mustard, and lemon juice mixture together.
- Add cooled pasta to the tuna/vegetable mixture.
- Stir ingredients together with yogurt mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
|Serving Size 1 cup|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 240||Calories from Fat 10|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 1 g|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Plain nonfat yogurt contains 3 times more calcium than Greek yogurt.