Healthy, Tasty Olive Oil Dressing
Last updated: Jun 30, 2014
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Reviewed by Susan C. Canonico, RD
Enjoy this light, heart-healthy dressing over your leafy greens this summer!
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of either balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard
- 1 minced fresh garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped basil, oregano, and cilantro or 2 tablespoons of dried herbs
- 1 minced onion, scallion, or shallot
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a glass jar with a lid.
- Shake them well until they are mixed thoroughly.
- Measuring with a tablespoon, pour the dressing over your salad.
|Serving Size 1 tbsp|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 11g|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
1 tablespoon of this dressing has 1.5 grams of saturated fat, 8 grams of monounsaturated fat, and 1.5 grams of polyunsaturated fat.