Last updated: May 01, 2013
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Reviewed by Susan C. Canonico, RD
Try this quick and delicious recipe for a low-calorie, no-fat, side dish that is high in calcium and potassium!
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups of washed and coarsely chopped kale, broccoli,
- or mustard greens without the tough stems
- A dash of Worcestershire sauce
- A dash of Tabasco to taste
- Blanche greens in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain the greens in a colander.
- Return the greens to boiling pan and add in all other ingredients.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 25||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0g|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|