Avocado Chicken Salad
Last updated: May 28, 2015
By Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT for Summit Medical Group
Reviewed by Susan C. Canonico, RD
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Peel and mash the avocado with a fork.
- Stir in the lime juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Combine avocado mix with shredded chicken, cilantro, and almonds
|Serving Size 1/2 cup|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 10g|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Serve with baby field greens for a meal, or spread on whole grain crackers for a hearty snack.