Sarada Gurubhagavatula, MD, MPH, specializes in hematology/oncology. Dr. Gurubhagavatula (known fondly by her patients as "Dr. G") has a special interest in lung cancer, head and neck cancer, and breast cancer, and is experienced in treating all types of hematology and oncology patients.
In addition to obtaining her medical degree at Johns Hopkins and her residency and fellowship training at the Harvard hospitals, Dr. Gurubhagavatula decided to pursue her keen interest in clinical research by completing a Master’s in Public Health degree at Harvard. She has authored numerous research publications in prestigious, peer-reviewed journals, including seminal work in the field of EGFR mutations and the genetics of lung cancer that was published in the New England Journal of Medicine, the Journal of Clinical Oncology, and Clinical Cancer Research.
With her strong research background, Dr. Gurubhagavatula is able to bring the latest and most advanced treatments to her patients.
"I find it immensely gratifying to take care of patients and their families. I strive to make every patient feel like he or she is my only patient, giving each one the care and attention that they need and deserve."
Dr. Gurubhagavatula has been awarded several outstanding honors throughout her career, such as:
- Castle Connolly "Top Doctors" New York Metro Area listings
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Young Investigator Award
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Merit Awards
- American Association for Cancer Research-AstraZeneca Cancer Research and Prevention Foundation Fellowship in Translational Lung Cancer Research
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer and the American Association for Cancer Research Scholar in Training Award.
Dr. Gurubhagavatula is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Society of Hematology, and the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer.
When she is not working with patients, Dr. Gurubhagavatula enjoys exercising, dancing, reading, and spending time with her family and friends.